Wednesday, May 6, 2009

First REAL Haircut!

Okay. We did it. We got Abby's hair cut! Here it is! Lighting wasn't great in the picture, but it's so cute!

Here is a "before" picture.
This was a huge deal for Abby and I. I have been growing Abby's hair out since she was born. Literally. Abby was quite the little baldy when she was a baby, and then it slowly came in and took forever to grow. But boy, once it did, it really did! I loved her long hair, but, if I didn't brush it every hour, it got stringy and tangled. With summer coming up, I asked her if she'd like to get it cut. I thought for sure she'd say no way because Abby also loves her long hair. But, she actually went with it. After it was cut, she took a look in the mirror and was thrilled! She can't wait to go to school and show off her new 'do. I'm getting mine done on Saturday. I'll post some pics of mine too!
We went to the zoo today with Abby's class. We were very lucky because the rain held off. Abby was so sweet today because she told me this morning that she prayed very hard last night that it wouldn't rain for her trip to the zoo. She told me later in the day after her rain-free trip to the zoo that "prayer works Mom!" Now that's the sound of music!

Abby and her friend Emma


Feeding the giraffes!



Allyson and Audrey feeding the goats.
Today was a great day! Really hoping for some sunshine. The kids and I are doing a garden this year. I'll keep you updated with how it goes. I am so excited. I've always wanted a garden. I really hope that this will be a good learning lesson for the kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment