Thursday, June 25, 2009

Abby the Baracuda!

Abby did excellent at her swim meet last night! I am so proud of her. Every time she swims I get tears in my eyes. I know, I know, I'm a sap, but I can't help it. I guess it's also because a part of me feels very connected to Abby when she swims. I loved swim team and spent a lot of my time hanging around the pool, the same pool that my daughter now hangs out at. I also met Aaron at this same pool when I was 15 years old. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. The children that I used to teach swim lessons to at this same pool are now lifeguards. So, with all these memories, it's very surreal for me.

Here is a clip of Abby doing backstroke. I must note that this is the same kid that was so nervous to even step foot in the pool back in March. She has made drastic improvements. Abby, mommy is so proud of you! Keep swimming my little fish :)

2 comments:

  1. Love that this pool holds so many great memories for you! I know what you mean, as well, about getting teary eyed when your child does something, especially something that makes you so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet posting. Thanks for sharing Megan.

    ReplyDelete