Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Abby is Six

Abigayle Ana tuned six last week! It is so hard to believe. We celebrated that evening with her grandparents and had dinner, cake and presents. We also watched some video that we had taken of Abby from birth through about age two. It was quite emotional for me. You see, for some reason, turning six was a hard one for me. At five, I still felt like she was my baby in a sense. She wasn't in kindergaten yet, she was still with me the majority of the time. Now that she is six, it feels like she is a kid now, like a big kid. One of those kids that I used to look at in the play area at the mall and think, "oh great, a big kid's coming in here and is going to trample my little toddler." Now she is one of them.
Abigayle was born on a very cold January day. As a matter of fact, we came home from the hospital to find that our pipes had frozen and we had no water. (I was not too happy about this!) Anyhow... having Abby as my first child was such a blessing. She was an angel baby, actually I called her my "textbook" baby. She did exactly what the books said she was supposed to do. She was easy going, fat and happy. Her and I spent every day together, just the two of us for her first three years of life. I have so many great memories over the past six years. One of my favorite memories is when she would dance as a baby. Abby loved to dance, and still does. I would put on a song, and she would stand up, as she was just pulling up at this age, and bounce up and down and laugh and giggle. She was hysterical. She hasn't changed much... she's still my easy-going girl, aside from some 6-year old drama, she is a delight. I realize how lucky I am to have a daughter like her. I have been trying to remind myself as Abby, and my other two little ones, grow right before my eyes, how quickly this time will pass. I feel like I blinked and Abby is all grown up. No longer a baby, she doesn't need me as much anymore. My prayer for Abby is to continue to grow, to walk with Jesus, and to stay true to who she is, which is just perfect to me. Happy birthday Abby, I love you.


1 comment:

  1. Awwww! That almost made me cry! What a nice sentiment to the special relationship you and Abby share. She is an amazing little girl..well, big girl now! Love ya megs!

    ReplyDelete