Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Look Back at 2008....(and a look forward at 2009!)

Happy New Year! I can hardly believe that 2008 has come and gone. This year has been a great year for us. We have done many things together as a family, but this year's most special moment has been the birth of our third beautiful baby girl, Audrey. Here are some pictures to highlight our year:

At the beginning of 2008, Aaron and I took a trip to see his brother and his wife in Maryland. In this picture I am about 7 months pregnant.

We also got a bit of snow that month. As a matter of fact, I believe it's the only snow we received last winter. I bundled the girls up and we had a great time sledding down our driveway and making snow angels.
Abby turned 5 on January 22nd. We celebrated with about 12 of her friends and had a great horse-themed birthday party.


In March, we celerated Easter. We enjoyed a lot of fun activites and here are Abby and Allyson dying easter eggs.

Abby lost her first tooth in March also! She then lost her second tooth about 1 week after the first. Now she has 4 more loose teeth!


On April 5, Allyson turned 2 years old. We had a Dora party for her. Then on April 8th, we welcomed Audrey Elizabeth who came into this world weighing in at 8 lbs even. She has been an absolute delight. She has the best tempermant and has just been happy ever since she entered the world. She is exactly like her great grandmother whom we named her after.




In June, Abby's best friend Sam came to visit us. Abby and Sam grew up together, literally, as if brother and sister, and she was heartbroken when we moved away. (so was I!) Abby and Sam still keep in touch and his visit was such a great time.


We enjoyed going to the spray park in our town with Sam.




I love this picture of Allyson at the spray park. She didn't understand where the water went!



Abby also learned how to swim this year. She took swim lessons last year, but did not really take to the water so well, but this year, she was great!


We also went to visit my parents in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia in June. We really love going there because it's just so peaceful and we can really just enjoy the outdoors and just take a step back from our hectic lives.



Abby started horse lessons in September. This was a dream come true for Abby who has been in love with horses for about 2 years now. I thought maybe it was just a phase, or maybe I was hoping, but it hasn't gone away. I think it's in her blood though because we have quite a history of riding horses in my family. I grew up on a horse farm and my mother taught lessons and we had horse shows on our farm.





I also hosted a girls night here in September. It was a fabulous time! These are some of the best girlfriends a girl could ask for. We have all been friend since grade school, and even though we are all at different points in our lives, we still know what it means to be friends, best friends, and I cherish the moments that we spend together.


Also in September, we surprised Abby and took her to the Foxfield horse races. We lined up my mother in law to keep Allyson and Audrey and told her it was going to be a special day. She had no clue where we were going, and it was a great day with her.

And, in October we celebrate Halloween, and I love this picture of my three little kittens.



We had a great holiday season, filled with great meals, spending time with family and remembering those that have gone on before us.
2008 was a great year for us. With 2009 upon me, I have a lot of things I would like to do and or change. First and foremost, I want to be the best mother and wife that I can be. I want to spend more time on the floor playing with my girls and just cherishing every moment I have with them as they grow right before my eyes. I also want to become more involved in church and become closer to God. I also want to live a healthier life, and I wouldn't mind losing a couple pounds!
Happy New Year everyone, and may it be a good one!













No comments:

Post a Comment